Saturday, April 25, 2015

A to Z Challenge 2015: V - Iron Hearted Violet

Happy Saturday Challengers!

Break tomorrow, and then there are only 4 letters left!

Any of you who have made it this far should be very proud of yourselves!

I've blogged about this book before, and I do love it, but I also think this is the first truly Middle Grade novel I've mentioned in this year's challenge.

Today's 2015 April A to Z Blogging Challenge story for the letter V:

Iron Hearted Violet

Here is the summary from Goodreads:

The end of their world begins with a story.
This one.

In most fairy tales, princesses are beautiful, dragons are terrifying, and stories are harmless. This isn’t most fairy tales.

Princess Violet is plain, reckless, and quite possibly too clever for her own good. Particularly when it comes to telling stories. One day she and her best friend, Demetrius, stumble upon a hidden room and find a peculiar book. A forbidden book. It tells a story of an evil being—called the Nybbas—imprisoned in their world. The story cannot be true—not really. But then the whispers start. Violet and Demetrius, along with an ancient, scarred dragon, may hold the key to the Nybbas’s triumph . . . or its demise. It all depends on how they tell the story. After all, stories make their own rules.

Iron Hearted Violet is a story of a princess unlike any other. It is a story of the last dragon in existence, deathly afraid of its own reflection. Above all, it is a story about the power of stories, our belief in them, and how one enchanted tale changed the course of an entire kingdom.


Author: Kelly Barnhill

That's it! Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

11 comments:

Anything and Everything Paranormal Blog said...

Sounds interesting. Another one I haven't read.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a charming book. I may share it with my nieces.

S. L. Hennessy said...

You just gotta love a feisty princess!

Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

I like this story idea, and what a great title!

Jaime Faulkner said...

We are definitely going to read this one for homeschool! It sounds amazing!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Quite the interesting twist. Sounds like a really original story.

Nick Wilford said...

Putting a spin on the classic tales is always interesting.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

That sounds very interesting and very different. I like the princesses that are special in way that's not about being beautiful and in need of rescue.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Love princess books. :) 4 more days. Wow. It's like suddenly being December when we just experienced January.

Elizabeth Mueller
AtoZ 2015
My Little Pony

Susanne Matthews said...

Love it! A princess with attitude. Well done.

Melissa Sugar said...

I've never heard of this book but I like the premise and your summary . I seldom read MG books anymore. I used to read whatever books my kids read but they are older now . I will pass the title along to my nieces and my goddaughter