Monday, April 13, 2015

A to Z Challenge 2015: K - The Knife of Never Letting Go

Welcome to week three!

Or ... week two and a half!

How was your day off?

I had to work, so it was really only a day off from the challenge for me.

Patrick Ness is an American born author living in the UK. Known mainly for A Monster Calls, the Chaos Walking trilogy was how I was introduced to his work.

Today's 2015 April A to Z Blogging Challenge story for the letter K:

The Knife of Never Letting Go

Here is the summary, from Goodreads:

Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in an overwhelming, never-ending stream of Noise. Just a month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd and his dog, Manchee -- whose thoughts Todd can hear too, whether he wants to or not -- stumble upon an area of complete silence. They find that in a town where privacy is impossible, something terrible has been hidden -- a secret so awful that Todd and Manchee must run for their lives.

Authors: Patrick Ness

That's it! Please come back tomorrow!

18 comments:

Anything and Everything Paranormal Blog said...

Sounds interesting. Might check it out.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Like you I get very little time off. Thanks for writing though. you must be very brave to take the challenge yet an other year.
Thanks for the review.

Unknown said...

Keep your head up--we're (almost) half-way there!

Nick Wilford said...

I've heard about this book quite a lot but didn't know the full blurb. Now I might check it out.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

While I think telepathy would be cool, that sounds like overload.

S. L. Hennessy said...

My friend just recommended this book to me last week! Now I have to read it!

Dani said...

This series is one of the really good ones. In the beginning I thought it was going to be overload with all of the "eavesdropping" but it turned out to be a unique and great story. Nice choice Matt!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting story. I'm going to check it out. Thanks :)

TD Harvey
A to Z participant
http://www.tdharveyauthor.com

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting story. I'm going to check it out. Thanks :)

TD Harvey
A to Z participant
http://www.tdharveyauthor.com

Stephen Tremp said...

My day off? Catching up on visiting blogs on my list.


Stephen Tremp
an A-Z Cohost
@StephenTremp on Twitter

Aidyl Ewoh said...

That sounds quite interesting. Most of all I find the name of the book intriguing.

Stopping by for the A to Z Challenge!
Aidyl@Noveltea

Elizabeth Mueller said...

What a crazy sounding place to be! (The Knife of Never Letting Go)

Elizabeth Mueller
AtoZ 2015
My Little Pony

Anonymous said...

Love your blog theme.
So ... have you figured out the query quandary yet?

Rebecca M. Douglass said...

Sounds like an interesting book--though it could really be horror, I think!

Mina Burrows said...

I remember reading the great reviews of this book when it first came out. Great choice for K.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

That sounds interesting. Is it a YA or an adult novel.

Lisa said...

Oh boy, this sounds good! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

Michael G-G said...

That sounds incredibly spooky!