Monday, April 6, 2015

A to Z Challenge 2015: E - The Empire Strikes Back

Welcome to the second week of the 2015 April A to Z Blogging Challenge! I hope you survived your first week.

Have you made any new friends? Followed any new blogs? I hope you discover at least one new blog you love during the challenge. That's kind of the point.

Today we have the fifth letter, the letter E. And for my theme, we have the first feature film.

I have been a Star Wars fanatic for as long as I can remember! No the prequels do not exist for me. Yes, I also love A New Hope, and I was just going to do Star Wars in general for the letter S, but I have so many other stories for that letter.

Today's 2015 April A to Z Blogging Challenge story for the letter E:

The Empire Strikes Back

Probably one of the great Science-Fiction (or Science-Fantasy, if you prefer) films ever made, The Empire Strikes back came out when I was three years old, and has lived in my imagination ever since. Most of you have probably seen it, so I'll get on with it.

Here is the summary from IMDB:

After the rebels have been brutally overpowered by the Empire on their newly established base, Luke Skywalker takes advanced Jedi training with Master Yoda, while his friends are pursued by Darth Vader as part of his plan to capture Luke.

Director: Irvin Kershner
Writers: Leigh Brackett (screenplay), Lawrence Kasdan (screenplay), George Lucas (story)
Stars: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher

That's it! Please come back tomorrow.

23 comments:

Anything and Everything Paranormal Blog said...

An amazing film indeed. Great choice today.

Unknown said...

LOVE that movie. That whole series pulls me back to my childhood, going to the drive-in in my jam-jams. All good things.

mshatch said...

I was a bit older when those movies came out...old enough to stand in line waiting with my brother, the two of us just DYING for the second installment. I love Star Wars. Even the stupid like ewoks.

Annalisa Crawford said...

It used to be a film I groaned at on bank holidays, when it was invariably shown on TV with an awful load of advert breaks... Until I met my husband who loves the trilogy, and made me watch them through new eyes!

Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

Dani said...

You can never go wrong with a Star Wars film!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Wait, which movie? Kidding. It was a changing point for films, where you can leave the audience hanging wanting another film. Damn you George Lucas... damn you!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Definitely the best of the trilogy! I was right there opening weekend to see it as well.

S. L. Hennessy said...

Best Star Wars movie, hands down.

Chrys Fey said...

Gotta love Star Wars! :D I'm glad this one made your list.

Nadine_Feldman said...

This one is worth watching again and again. Love it!

Susan Oloier said...

My husband is a huge Star Wars fan. I like the original three, but didn't find the later movies to be worthwhile. The dialogue in those was atrocious.

Cherdo said...

In my house, with three boys that range from 32 to 17, we have seen all the Star Wars ANYTHING! Huge fans.

My youngest son loves the fact that he has all the older son's Star Wars' toys hand-me-downs.

Thanks! Glad you're in the A-to-Z!

Cherdo
www.cherdoontheflipside.com

cleemckenzie said...

I still watch the SW films every once in a while. They're the best.

Sim Carter said...

Hey Matthew, thanks for visiting my memoir blog — speaking of which, the first time I saw Star Wars was at a drive-in with a new boyfriend, and the sound was scratchy. I'll have to write about that night sometime!
I'm loving the challenge, I write my book to movie blog every day but writing memoir is much harder - fun and challenging!

Cathy Kennedy said...

I'm trying to visit new bloggers and keep up with those who visit me. It's a challenge in itself. lol Well, I was older (a lot older)than you when it came out. I really enjoyed the early 80s Star Wars trilogy. Fantastic revisit! Now to visit some newbies!

Sim Carter said...

I jus read this Star Wars news and thought of you; the first Star Wars poster and a new trailer coming soon! I'm sure you already know but just in case ...
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58475008

It's Kelley! said...

I remember standing in line for hours to see Star Wars when it came out. I was 9 years old. It changed my life. I wouldn't say I'm a Star Wars nut, but my dogs registered name is Zente's Jedi Mind Trick. And yes, he is as awesome as his name.

Trudy said...

You were 3?? I feel so old. My husband and I watched this in the theater the weekend it opened.

Shell Flower said...

I always seem to like the second in every trilogy best, and this one is no exception. Yoda is the key, I think. So awesome.

Heather M. Gardner said...

Well, now I know how much older I am than you!
:)
It's okay.
I went to see the original Star Wars in the theater!
These were and always will be epic.

Heather

SC Author said...

YES! Awesome movie.

Lisa said...

When these first three came out I saw every one of them four times each in the theater. I was so in love with them, thought them the best best ever. The last three were terrible IMO, and the only good thing about them were the actors. Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

Bevimus said...

I am with many in my opinion that it's the best of the original trilogy, by far.