Friday, April 24, 2015

A to Z Challenge 2015: U - Underworld

Happy Friday everyone!

Only a few more days to go.

Won't it feel like such an accomplishment once you make it? I know it will for me.

First of the Underworld series, this 2003 release introduced me to the gorgeous Kate Beckinsale, and made vampires cool and dark and mysterious again.

So today's 2015 April A to Z Blogging Challenge story for the letter U:

Underworld

Here is the summary from IMDB:

Selene, a beautiful vampire warrior, entrenched in a war between the vampire and werewolf races. Although she is aligned with the vampires, she falls in love with Michael, a human who is sought by werewolves for unknown reasons.

Director: Len Wiseman
Writers: Kevin Grevioux (story), Len Wiseman (story), Danny McBride (story & screenplay)
Stars: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman, Shane Brolly

That's it! Only one more day until the final break.

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes! Awesome series. And with Kate. Double bonus.

Anything and Everything Paranormal Blog said...

Awesome series. Great choice today.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

I enjoyed this film series, though I have never managed to stay awake.

Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

There's no earthly way of knowing.
Which direction we are going!

HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

Tamara Narayan said...

You mean vampires, werewolves, and love all got together before the publication of Twilight? Who knew? I've only seen snippets of this one.

Chrys Fey said...

I love the Underworld series. Kate is awesome as a vampire.

S. L. Hennessy said...

Awesome movie. It'll show up on my V post!

Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

cleemckenzie said...

A weilding vampire? That's interesting.

J Lenni Dorner said...

It's great to finish the A to Z and write that reflection post!

I loved this movie series.

There's a description on Netflix on my tv app of Underworld that blew my mind. I wish I had written it down, because now there's a much more generic two-liner.

Stephsco said...

I've seen all of these, even the one without Kate, where Michael Sheen is a total badass. Not great movies, but they accomplish that dark urban fantasy itch.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

powerful.

Jaime Faulkner said...

I think the first movie in the series was the best of them all! Definitely my favorite!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this movie, but I haven't seen the most recent one. I'll have to rent it one day.

~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
Story Dam
Patricia Lynne, Indie Author