Mixed Metaphors are something to be avoided, of course, in writing. Unless you're going for camp on purpose. But outside of writing, they're a lot of fun to think about, and besides mixed metaphor is a damned fun phrase to say.
So here you have it, the internet's best mixed metaphors:
- We could stand here and talk until the cows turn blue.
- I wouldn’t eat that with a ten-foot pole.
- He’s not the one with his ass in a noose.
- I can read him like the back of my book.
- From now on, I’m watching everything you do with a fine-tuned comb.
- It’s as easy as falling off a piece of cake.
- He’s like a duck out of water.
- He’s burning the midnight oil from both ends.
- It sticks out like a sore throat.
- People are dying like hotcakes.
- He’s a little green behind the ears.
- We have to get all our ducks on the same page.
- I have a lot of black sheep in my closet.
- I'm sweating like a bullet.
- A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
- It's as American as killing two love birds with one apple.