Thursday, April 8, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Again I'm not going to do a normal post today. I need the time to prepare Cole Gibsen's guest post for tomorrow. Speaking of which don't forget to come back to read it! It's going to be a fun, amusing and incredibly informative post with the ACTUAL query and correspondence that landed her an agent.

Absolute submission science gold here folks so DO NOT miss it!

Anyway on to my post:


We took my daughter Madison and nephew Bryce to their fist Braves baseball game last night. The Bravos beat the cubs 3-2 but it wasn't looking good until Chipper hit a dinger right into our section in the eighth. Jason Heyward also got an RBI double early in the game.

Here's Madison in the car:



I believe she is reading Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians, book two. She had been begging for a perm so that she could rock the Taylor Swift look, but mom got her some curlers instead. I think she looked really cute.

Here's Madison, Bryce and me, watching the cubs batting practice warm-up:



Finally here's Madison and by good friend Shaun's son James with a "Ball-Headed Guy":



Personally I find Baseball a little slow and boring, even at the game, though I do like to follow the standings in the paper. I'm more of a football, basketball and World Cup kind of guy, not to mention books and reading. Even so it was really fun to watch the kids having such a blast enjoying the Great American Pastime. There is a certain romance to it all.

I was especially pleased around the seventh inning, when suddenly Bryce looked up at the sky and said: "Look Uncle Matt, it's dark out." He apparently hadn't realized it was night time (and past his bed time) because of all the bright lights and excitement. It really made me appreciate his innocence.

So, anyway I hope you all enjoyed the pics but the important thing here is that you come back tomorrow, read Cole's guest post, learn from it, emulate it in your own endeavors and then comment and follow both blogs if you're not already. Mine is obviously right here but you can find Cole's blog at: Hair Dye & Samurai.

Thanks!

14 comments:

JE said...

I'm not a big baseball fan, but it looks like you had fun. And the curls (and your daughter) are adorable. ;-)

~JD

Vicki Rocho said...

hahaha. I think baseball is kinda slow and boring, too. I would MUCH rather go to the ballpark, though, than be forced to watch it on TV. At least at the ballpark you can distract yourself by watching the antics of the other thousand bored spectators!

Matthew MacNish said...

Totally agree with both of you, and thanks Justine.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Pics are great and Madison's a cutie. (Don't perm her hair until she's at least twelve. Tell her it will fall out. It really won't, but it's not healthy for the hair follicles until after age 12.)

Matthew MacNish said...

Thanks for the advice Sheri!

Anne Gallagher said...

I LOVE baseball. Go Red Sox. It's important as a dad, I think to take the kids to the game. Mine never did and when I took my daughter for the first time she rocked it. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Matthew MacNish said...

I agree Piedmont. Mom was there too but she wouldn't be in the photos. She's a photographer sort of so I guess that's an excuse ...

Tracy said...

I love baseball, and I really hope for my future childrens' sake they do too...otherwise I'm going to turn them in & adopt new ones. ;o)

Some of my best memories growing up were from when my dad took me to baseball games. So even though baseball may not be your preferred past time, kudos to you for taking them!

Matthew MacNish said...

Thanks Tracy, it's not like I hate it, it's just that the pace is so slow...

But there is plenty of other stuff to do at the ballpark and just watching the kids bouncing in their seats overflowing with energy is plenty of entertainment for me!

Michelle McLean said...

Very cute pics! :) And I'd always go for curlers over a perm...that way if you hate it you aren't stuck with it ;-)

Arlee Bird said...

I don't really follow baseball, but going to a pro game (even minor league) is a right of passage for all kids. I took my daughters to several games as they were growing up and we always had a blast.
Lee
Blogging From A to Z April Challenge

Shelley Sly said...

Looks like you had fun! Your daughter is adorable -- love the curls. :) I loved going to Mets games as a kid/teen, so it's great that you're taking them.

Loren Chase said...

Thanks for following:)

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Some of my best memories are when my dad took me to baseball games. Now I would be completely bored but being there with my dad made it worth it. And your daughter looks so cute with the curls!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

The fun of a live baseball game is who you go with. Looked like you chose wisely there. The only team I bond with is the Detroit Tigers, my hometown and my favorite wild animal -- besides my cat, Gypsy.

Come check out my blog : WRITING IN THE CROSSHAIRS : http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/2010/03/last-exit-to-eden.html

Have a great time tomorrow, Roland