Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Book Birthday


Happy Book Birthday to two of my favorite authors (and friends)! Shannon Messenger's debut Keeper of the Lost Cities and Andrew Smith's follow up to The Marbury Lens: Passenger both release today!

If you know me, you know I love both these authors not only as people, but as writers as well. I read Passenger this summer, and boy is it a mind funk! I'm reading Keeper of the Lost Cities right now, and man is it a lot of fun.

I'm not going to review either of these books, at least not today, but I do encourage all of you to check them out. They're very different from each other, of course, but they're both excellent in their own ways.

My daughter Madi, did write a review of Shannon's book, but I just checked her blog, and I think she may have scheduled it wrong. I'll update this post if her's goes up.

UPDATE: Madi's post did go up, only at 9 AM, instead of 6. It's right here.

16 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

man, I do want to read Passenger but I have to build up the guts to read it. And probably reread the Marbury Lens first. Keeper looks terrific!

Sarah said...

Looking forward to reading both of these. A lot of fantastic books coming out today!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've seen Shannon's book featured several places recently.

Heather Kelly said...

Loved Marbury Lens. Awesomely freaky. I'm so happy for Shannon. That cover rocks!

Elise Fallson said...

Both books look great!

Natalie Aguirre said...

So excited for Shannon!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Eek! and double Eek!!

Angela Brown said...

I bought Marbury Lens a while back and have been building up the courage to read it because I've read that it is an excellent read but you got to be ready for the madness the main character goes through. So I've got Passenger on my TBR once I make my way through the first novel. Plus, following Andrew Smith's blog is a blast. I love his posts, even if I mainly get to lurk now-a-days because of all the things going on.

I heard Shannon's book is also a great read. I've had this book on my TBR list for like EVER so yeah, time to add this to my library of books.

Thanks for the heads up, Matt.

Bryan Russell said...

Dude, I haven't even read the Marbury Lens yet. I'm so lame.

Old Kitty said...

Happy book birthdays to lovely Shannon and Andrew! Take care
x

Andrew Leon said...

I really like the cover for Passenger. It's one of those I would check out for that alone.

Kelly Polark said...

Wow! Two awesome books today!
Congrats to Shanon and Andrew!

Andrew Smith said...

I love you, Matthew.

Bryan, you are not lame.

Jemi Fraser said...

I can't wait to get to both of these!!!

Sweet Lily said...

Cool!

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations to Shannon and Andrew!