Sunday, May 10, 2015

10 Truths from Chicago Land

1) Christa Desir is the best hugger I have ever met. Seriously. I had formerly considered myself the master of the long, poignant embrace, but she killed me. With style and grace.

2) Ted Goeglein is a certified bad ass. Richard Price would call him a Do Anything Soldier. A Dolja.

3) Andrew Smith is the most sensitive man I know. I love this man.

4) Carrie Mesrobian is my TV Show soulmate. She writes exactly the kind of books I love to read.

5) Amy Del Rosso does not know quite how awesome she is. She also bows out way too early.

6) I love Chicago. Chicago rain tastes like sweet summer wine.

7) Christa called me a really talented writer when she introduced me to her friend. I did not know whether to pump my fist or cry.

8) Twitter is like the lunch room in middle school: the worst of humanity, and the world's most evil and terrifying place (now trumping the former champion, Goodreads).

9) Sabaa Tahir is really fucking sharp.

10) Book people are the best people in the world.

Sadly: I forgot to get a photo with Ted.
Sadly: I also forgot to get a new photo with Andrew.
Happily: here is me and Christa and Carrie:


Bonus: John Green, the sly bastard, somehow managed to photobomb my selfie:

13 comments:

Steve MC said...

Many truths, no doubt. And glad to hear you had such a great time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looks like a great time!

Ara Prado said...

Gaahh!! The envy!! -_-
P.S. Glad you had a great time! :)

Ringo the Cat said...

So cool! I want to live in a world where bookish meetings like you had are possible. Sounds like you had an awesome time!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I need to make it a goal to meet up with you one of these days. I've met some bloggers already and each time it has been fun, so I'm sure I'd have a blast.

Arlee Bird said...

I used to live in the Chicagoland area, but mostly I remember the cold. That's back when I was in junior high. Actually I have a lot of good memories of Chicago throughout the years.

I take it you were in Chicago for a writers conference or some such thing. Lucky you.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

S. L. Hennessy said...

Chicago has always been one of my favorite cities.

Carrie Butler said...

That IS sly!

farawayeyes said...

This looks absolutely awesome. I'm envious that you were in the same room with Andrew Smith ( I love his work), and so many others.

\I'm originally from Chicago. sometimes I miss it and others, not so much.

farawayeyes said...

My comment disappeared, unless you have comment moderation activated, but I didn't get a notification. So, one more time.

I'm envious that you were in the same room with Andrew Smith (I love his work), and so many others. Sounds as thought you had a great time.

I am originally from Chicago. Sometimes, I miss it and others, not so much.

Mary B said...

Have never been. Sounds interesting. Making my way around on the A to Z Road trip! Stopping by to say hello and I hope to see you again next year, if not sooner!

Mary
www.JingleJangleJungle.net

AJ Lauer said...

Ahhh I can't wait to get to a festival full of book people :) I'm going to a writing conference off and on for the next two weeks, so that should be amazing. So much wordy goodness!

Visiting folks who liked my A-Z theme to let you know my pick your plot book, Armageddon, is on sale for $0.99 through Monday :)
Hope you are doing well!
~AJ

diedre Knight said...

Lucky you! And how in the world did you manage to taste the rain? Fascinating!