1) Christa Desir is the best hugger I have ever met. Seriously. I had formerly considered myself the master of the long, poignant embrace, but she killed me. With style and grace.
2) Ted Goeglein is a certified bad ass. Richard Price would call him a Do Anything Soldier. A Dolja.
3) Andrew Smith is the most sensitive man I know. I love this man.
4) Carrie Mesrobian is my TV Show soulmate. She writes exactly the kind of books I love to read.
5) Amy Del Rosso does not know quite how awesome she is. She also bows out way too early.
6) I love Chicago. Chicago rain tastes like sweet summer wine.
7) Christa called me a really talented writer when she introduced me to her friend. I did not know whether to pump my fist or cry.
8) Twitter is like the lunch room in middle school: the worst of humanity, and the world's most evil and terrifying place (now trumping the former champion, Goodreads).
9) Sabaa Tahir is really fucking sharp.
10) Book people are the best people in the world.
Sadly: I forgot to get a photo with Ted.
Sadly: I also forgot to get a new photo with Andrew.
Happily: here is me and Christa and Carrie:
Bonus: John Green, the sly bastard, somehow managed to photobomb my selfie: