Monday, March 23, 2015

Theme Reveal Blogfest: 2015 April A to Z Challenge


Today is the theme reveal blogfest for the 2015 April A to Z Blogging Challenge! In past years, (2013 and 2012) I have focused on Etymologies (which you can see here for 2012 and here for 2013, if you'd like) but this year I'll be doing something different (you run out of words for X pretty quickly, which is why it's a Challenge, I suppose).

This year, I'll be focusing on stories for my theme. Basically, I'll just be posting a short summary of a favorite story whose title begins with the letter for that day of the challenge. It might be a film, a TV show, a book, a play, or maybe even a famous legend, but whatever it is, it will be short and sweet, because the point of the challenge is discovering new blogs, and networking more than it is focusing on yourself or your own posts.

What will your 2015 April A to Z Blogging Challenge theme be? Be sure to visit as many of the participating blogs as you can, listed at the main A to Z Challenge blog, here!

My assistants for this year's challenge are Sylvie from Life from An Optimist's Point of View, and Carrie-Anne Brownian/Ursula Hartlein from Welcome to My Magick Theatre. Please make sure you visit both their blogs and follow them!

18 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Favorite stories - great idea. I'm sure you found something for X with that theme.

Nick Wilford said...

Great idea. Looking forward to some good tips!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Stories... enjoy stories.

Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

There's no earthly way of knowing.
Which direction we are going!
HOLLYWOOD NUTS!

Dani said...

I definitely like stories! Can't wait to see what you pull out of your hat this year!!

Nadine_Feldman said...

Great idea! I thought of doing something like this but chose something else instead.

Good luck with April! I'll be visiting you often.

DL Hammons said...

Going commando myself (sans theme). Only way to fly! :)

Jay Noel said...

Love it. Looking forward to reading about your favorite stories. Hope you're sharing some great YA and MG stuff. I'd love to be able to get some good reading for my kids.

Michael G-G said...

Sounds like a great one. I look forward to visiting you throughout April.

My wife, Marie, was excited this morning to recognize your name in connection with the A-Z challenge. She's featuring a poem a day by local novelist, essayist, and poet, Brian Doyle. She thinks he's the bee's knees.
http://marie-everydaymiracle.blogspot.com/

Vinodini said...

Ah, that's going to leave you with a treasure of 26 stories by the end of the challenge! Have fun :)

Vinodini@ http://vinodinii.blogspot.in/

CA Heaven said...

X is easy only in math >:)

Cold As Heaven

Anonymous said...

I'm a minion this year and will be keeping company with you in April. Looking forward to your theme. Don't know what I would do if I couldn't read. I KNOW you are #Challenge pro, but so many new people get on board. It wasn't easy finding where to leave this comment....under 10 Opinions that matter. Since the point is building followers/readers, is it possible to make this step easier to access. People in a hurry may say, the heck with it. I've done it myself. Just a thought. See you in April!

Sarah Ahiers said...

This is a genius theme. It really opens it up for a lot of options

Li said...

Oddly enough, I have always found the letter K more difficult than X. Maybe next year my theme will be 26 Days Of Things Which Start With, Or Pertain To, the Letter X.
Excited to start the challenge and begin reading...

mshatch said...

Cool. I'll be looking forward to reading :)

Oh, and if you need a K, may I recommend K-Pax? I loved Kevin Spacey in this.

Anonymous said...

If you search toehold #azchat you'll find a we all came up with a list of X words.

Heather M. Gardner said...

I love stories!
This should be fun!
Heather

Chrys Fey said...

That's a really good idea. And it sounds like a lot of fun. :)

-Chrys Fey
Tremp's Troops - A to Z Co-co-host

Random Musings said...

Great idea for a theme. I need to work on making shorter posts, but I know my regular readers will feel cheated if I do that! Maybe next year I'll do a short "official" version then expand on it for anyone who wants to know a bit more. A few of my favourites featured - The Silence of the Lambs and Underworld, and some great ideas for things to try! I did read the posts, just did it backwards lol
Popping by on the A to Z Road Trip
Debbie
www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com