Monday, November 24, 2014

Oh How I Miss You Blogfest!


How I Miss You Blogfest!

It’s that time of year again! Hosted by Andrew Leon, Alex J. Cavanaugh, and Me.

The bloggers you miss and the ones you would miss.
List one to three bloggers you really miss.
List one to three bloggers you would really miss if they stopped blogging.
And then go let them know!

So ... without further ado, here are three of the bloggers I would (and kind of do, considering I rarely blog anymore) miss..


Justine was pretty much my very first follower and blogging buddy. Okay, maybe not very first, but she showed up really early on, and she was nice, and she was steady. She was always around, always supportive, and really knew how to handle the blogging thing.

I learned a lot from her, and I think she was even the first blogger to ever host me as a guest, too.


Jess was probably my second close friend I made early on through blogging. We're still tight. We exchange pages all the time, and we've met in real life, and she is the sweetest because she sends me all her books (which I love--the stories, not the free shipping), all the way from Greece!


I met Katie, the CQG, a little later than Justine and Jessica, but we've been friends ever since. We've had very similar journeys in our path to seeking publication, and I think it has really provided some comforting solidarity for both of us.

Why do I miss them?

Well, Jessica actually still blogs like a pro, even though I don't really visit her as much as I'd like to. Katie and Justine are both on hiatus, I believe, but to be honest, I haven't been to either of their blogs in a while. The thing is, blogging has been really tough for me lately. I pretty much miss everyone! That's because I have barely been blogging myself, and certainly not visiting and reading the blogs of all my friends.

The problem is that the day job has gotten so crazy, that I barely have time to raise my family and write. Unfortunately, blogging simply has to take a back seat when the option is blogging or writing books.

Anyway, make sure you visit everyone else! It's not an enormous blogfest or anything.



23 comments:

Ted Cross said...

Yes, blogging has become hard to maintain, especially once I got onto FB. Now that I've published I have to make a concerted effort to try harder.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Justine hasn't blogged in a LONG time and Katie has been gone for a while. Jessica still posts, but she doesn't visit as often.
Blogging does take effort, but I still prefer it to anything else.

Dani said...

Justine Dell was one of my first blogging friends besides you and Alex and DL. I would miss all you so much cause you have all taught me, in some fashion, how to be a successful blogger. I miss a lot of bloggers!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Matthew - life takes over .. and that's fine - we're here as and when - and it's great we can slot in and out.

Jess ... I keep in touch with .. and I know the name AKA Creepy Query Girl ... as for Justine I never found her ... but can quite understand you saying they take the long path away for a time ..

Good luck with the job and life - that's more important .. but you've been a source of inspiration in the Query mode of author-apprenticeship ..

Cheers Hilary

Heather M. Gardner said...

Family always comes first. We all understand. Like anything else it goes in a cycle.
Excellent choices.
Thank you for hosting.
Heather

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I don't visit Jessica as often as I should.

kaykuala said...

It's great to blog together. A community helps to make it interesting as it provides variety of writing as well as of company.

Hank

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things we really enjoy doing has to take a back seat for more urgent thing. One has to get their priorities in order.
I enjoyed reading your post.
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving this week.
Yvonne.

Jay Noel said...

Katie went on Summer Hiatus and never came back! I just posted on her FB wall. Miss her sense of humor.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Family first is always my opinion and the day job is necessary. Thanks for hosting this hop.

Michael G-G said...

We wax, we wane. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram take up more of our time... I am grateful that you continue blogging here and at Project Mayhem. I do hope the job gets less crazy for you too!

Angela Brown said...

I can totally understand where you're coming from about your decrease in blogging and visiting other blogs. Family and work are understandably high priorities. And if time is there for you to write or blog, writing is where it's at.

Hart Johnson said...

I'd miss those guys, too! Katie took a pretty long break and I definitely missed her.

Sarah Ahiers said...

Real life always gets in the way of blogging. Nothing much we can do about that

Dianne K. Salerni said...

I miss Katie, too! Lots!
However, if you've seen on her recent FB posts, she has apparently been very busy. (ooh la la ...) She has good news and I'm very happy for her!

Margo Kelly said...

Yes, life does get in the way of blogging. It's hard to find time to do everything.

Fundy Blue said...

Hey Matthew! Thanks for hosting this event which is introducing me to some great new bloggers, including you. I so get how hard it is to keep up with a regular blog. I consider my blogging as part of my writing, and I do the best I can with it. Always playing catch-up, but I do love it. Take care!

Andrew Leon said...

If only you could get paid to blog, right? Or is that "write"?

Sherry Ellis said...

I always liked Jessica Bell's posts. I don't really know the others you mentioned.

Thanks for hosting this blog hop!

Melissa Sugar said...

I completely get where you are coming from. Blogging opened a lot of doors for me and I got to know so fabulous people, but following all your favorite blogs, commenting and keeping up with your own post takes a great deal of time and effort. Lately I've had to choose between a few spare hours of writing or blogging and I have to go with writing. Family always comes first and my work consumes so many hours each day. Anyway, I get what you are saying. I also know how much I miss the connection I once had with so many others.

Michelle Wallace said...

Two weeks ago, I won a $50 Amazon gift card via Jessica's White Lady Book Tour. She's fab...and a great writer!
Thanks for co-hosting the blogfest.

Tammy Theriault said...

Query girl! Mep. She was a good one! Great dedication

cleemckenzie said...

Blogging is a huge commitment of time and energy, so I understand what you're saying. I'm still at the Dog Paddling stage, but keeping my head above water. See you more in April.