Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tag I'm It.

Disclaimer: I don't usually do this kind of thing because ... well first of all I'm lazy. And second I want my blog to be about what I want it to be about not what every other blogger is writing about.

That being said I got pretty jealous about not being involved in the blogging A to Z challenge put together by Arlee over at Tossing it Out. It was such a cool idea but I was just a little too late to the blogging game. Anyway I decided to do this because I was tagged by three of my best blogging buddies. These people are awesome and have been really helpful in my clumsy attempts to become published. So I couldn't NOT respond when they tagged me. Besides it's not freeze tag, I don't want to be it forever.

They are:

Candace from Misadventures in Candyland.

Tracy from Forever Endeavor.

Lindsay from Adventures in Writing.

The questions and my answers:

Question 1: Where were you 5 years ago?

In Seattle
Living in an apartment
Getting ready to buy a house
Not even thinking about trying to be a writer
Still pretending to try to be a record producer/promoter

Question 2: Where would you like to be 5 years from now?

Published
Working author (I don't need to be rich or famous, just enough to not have to keep my day job)
Somewhere near the mountains and the sea
Visiting my daughter at college
Visiting Buddhist temples in east Asia

Question 3: What is (was) your to-do list today?

Blog, check
Make it to work on time (6AM), check
Work out, um not yet
Mop the kitchen floor (this is twice a week with puppy), yeah not until I get home
Talk to my daughters about their day, will do

Question 4: What 5 snacks do you enjoy?

I'm fat enough and don't snack but I like: Sushi
Sake
Grolsch
Cheese dip
Hot wings

Question 5: What 5 things would you do if you were a billionaire?

Set aside more land for nature preserves
Invest in renewable energy
Invest in smarter farming to reduce hunger
Publish whatever the hell I want to write
Own a home on 6 continents and visit the 7th

Now I'm supposed to tag five people:

TAG: Justine Dell
TAG: Zoe Courtman
TAG: Mary McDonald
TAG: Shannon McMahon
TAG: The Alliterative Allomorph (She's having a contest on her blog today BTW, please stop by and enter).

Tag, You're It!

27 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If Arlee does the challenge again, don't miss it!

Talli Roland said...

I love this tag; I've been tagged too and I'm going to do it today (thanks for the reminder!). It's a great way to learn more about people.

Vicki Rocho said...

This is a great way to get a sneak-peek into everyone else's lives.

How did you get from Seattle to Georgia?

Matthew MacNish said...

MissV - my girlfriend's mom had moved down here because of her company, so when it came time to buy a home we looked in Georgia, where you can get about 3-4 times the house for the same money you would spend in Seattle.

I miss the mountains and the sea (as you can see) but it's pretty nice down here too in other ways.

Anonymous said...

Great answers... I loved the fact that your first three answers to the billionaire question were focussed on others :0)

Bish Denham said...

I've seen this tag going around. Looks like a fun one.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

See, I like this. It adds a little flavAH' to da' mix. Nice answers. ";-)

Christine Danek said...

Great job on the tag. Very interesting. Great to get to know you better.
I agree with Eternally Distracted about your answers to the billionaire question.
Nice.

Unknown said...

Great tag! I've been tagged and need to do mine as well, ugh to find the time!

Seattle huh, I just watched Sleepless in Seattle last night... yes random fact about me that I'm sure you didn't care to know, LOL

JE said...

Crap! This is the second time I've been tagged for this post. I think someone is trying to tell me something. LoL. All right...all right - when my blog comes back from vacation I'll do it!

Thanks for sharing yours, Matt. Always nice to learn about others writers!

~JD

Anne Gallagher said...

This is a fun tag. I like your answers. I would miss Seattle too.

Candyland said...

Interesting snacks! (And, btw, you're one of the most supportive bloggers out there. Anything I can do, I'm here for you!)

Jessica Bell said...

LOL. I got tagged by Tracy and already posted my answers last night! :) Love that you were 'pretending' to be a record producer. HAHAHA!

Old Kitty said...

Hi

Congratulations on being tagged!!

I hope that in five years' time you'd be able to say yes, I did all these five things because they're really lovely five things to aim for!

Take care
x

Jaydee Morgan said...

Loved hearing your answers! Sometimes it's alright to add a little fun to the mix :)

Vicki Rocho said...

How do the winters compare? I'm thinking I need to be on some equatorial island to stay warm year round....

Tracy said...

Thanks for playing along, Matt!

It's kind of fun to be the one causing the havoc and tagging everyone this time, rather than being on the receiving end all the time. :D

Zoe C. Courtman said...

haha - thanks for the tag :D Nice getting to know you a bit more; thanks for sharing. Love that new puppy maintenance, right? I've got four cats and let me tell you, the maintenance just doesn't stop. But it's worth it...I think...maybe...

Zoe C. Courtman said...

Oh - and that's a big jump from Seattle to Georgia. I'm from D.C. and moving out here amongst the cows (down past COVINGTON, yo) was -- still is?? -- a challenge for me. At least you're up topside, yanno? (Though I don't envy you that traffic on 400, lol)

Shannon said...

Tracy beat ya to the punch - she tagged me yesterday. But thank you thank you thank you for thinking of me! <3

I posted on it today.

Have a good one.

Can I call you Matty?

Kelly@ JustWrite said...

Thanks for following Matthew! Your snacks had me laughing...Grolsh? Now, that's my kind of snack ;)

And yes, orange and blue all the way! Gooo Tebo, I mean, Broncos! :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

I got jealous too! Thankfully T.J. tagged me with this one too so i'm gonna hit it up tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

Heehee, glad you did the tag. Loved your answers too. :)

Hannah said...

I like that you think sake's a snack. It makes me laugh.

Shelley Sly said...

Fun list! I don't know many other people who have had sake. I tried it recently and thought it was good.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You got tagged and handled it with class. Congrats, Roland

India Drummond said...

I've seen this thing on other people's blogs, and finally got tagged myself on one just yesterday! I love your billionaire comments. Sounds like fun!