Monday, October 22, 2012

Oh, How I Miss You Blogfest Announcement

So, I am yet again involved in hosting a blogfest spearheaded by Alex. Yes, Alex J. Cavanaugh, blogger of note, and Ninja of prominent reknown.

However, this fest is actually the brainchild of Andrew Leon. Yes, that Andrew Leon, from Strange Pegs. Teacher, writer, blogger, and author extraordinaire of The House on the Corner, and the Shadow Spinner series.

Anyway, here is the description we've agreed upon, for how to go about this fest, and why we started it in the first place:

I Miss You Blogfest

November 16 2012

Hosted by Andrew Leon, Matthew MacNish, and Alex J. Cavanaugh

The bloggers we really miss…

and the ones we would really miss!

Do you have a couple blogger buddies who aren’t posting as often? Those who’ve pulled back and seem absent from the blogging world? Do you have blogger buddies you are grateful they are still around and would miss if they vanished? Now is your chance to show your appreciation and spotlight them!

On November 16, list one to three bloggers you really miss and one to three bloggers you would miss if they stopped blogging. Then go leave a comment on those blogs.

Our blogger friends are special – time to let them know!


Sign up below:



21 comments:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

What a sweet idea! Let me think this one over, and I'll see if I can come up with people I miss before entering. (I'll bet I'll find some at the bottom of my blog roll who haven't posted in awhile.)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Dianne, you start thinking and you'll be surprised how many come to mind.
I already know the bloggers I'll select.

Creepy Query Girl said...

I'm in. I miss candyland and missv (vicky) and there are certainly a few others I'd like to see more from that have dropped off in the last year or so. But, like I said at Alex's, some people I miss but I have to wonder if it's because I haven't been visiting as much either:(

Stina said...

There are a few, but some might still be blogging and I'm missing their posts.

LTM said...

well, that's really sweet! I can think of two who've dropped off... but then one came back (Vicki!). <3

Sarah Ahiers said...

Ooh this sounds fun. I'm in

L. Diane Wolfe said...

There is someone I miss but I know his reason for not blogging much and it's very sad.

Old Kitty said...

Awwww - it's a sad blogfest! There are so many who've fallen off the edge of blogworld without so much as an adieu!! Awwww! I'd miss you all too if you'd disappear into the ether!!!

Take care
x

Nancy Thompson said...

I've already signed up. Not sure who I'll blog about. I'm just excited to be going to a party hosted by three of my favorite guys! Oh happy day!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oooh I signed up. I think I'll post about Charlie Pulsipher who hasn't blogged in months because someone drilled him with a really bad review and made him depressed...

Honestly though, I have no idea who that would be.

Just sayin' :P

Johanna Garth said...

Awww, I love this idea.

Andrew Leon said...

@Michael: He wasn't blogging before that review, so I'm not taking the blame for that.

Angela Brown said...

I don't know who I would pick so I'll get my brain working on this. I have a feeling it would be a number of bloggers that come to mind.

Claire Hennessy said...

Great idea and I am all signed up :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea!

farawayeyes said...

I'm in.

I like the blue, and that's the best picture of you yet.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

@Andrew: I'm just bustin' your chops a little. I know he hasn't blogged in ages. But I wasn't going to talk about him anyway.

Samantha May said...

What a great idea! I'm in :)

dolorah said...

Awesome blogfest idea. I'll put this in my sidebar, but I plan on being on blogger break in Nov and Dec.

......dhole

Kimberly Gabriel said...

I love this idea! There are so many bloggers I would miss...I want to say that's the easy part, but it's hard to narrow those down!

Livia Peterson said...

Great idea for a blogfest! I'm in...all the way in!

It's gonna be a fun party with cake and beverages ;) Also, hanging out with my bloggy buddies is gonna be a blast! Can't wait!